Earlston Medical Practice

NHS Scotland
Close this search box.

Urinary Tract Infections Service

  • Burning or stinging sensation on passing urine?
  • Needing to pass urine frequently?
  • Needing to pass urine urgently?
  • Cloudy urine?
  • Passing excessive or large quantities of urine?

Pharmacies in the Scottish Borders can provide advice and treatment if appropriate for Urinary Tract Infections.

Please check that the Pharmacist able to deliver this service is on duty before making a special journey.

The pharmacist will need to ask you some questions to find out your exact problem. They may also ask you to provide a urine sample.

In most cases*, the pharmacist will be able to diagnose and treat you in the pharmacy if you have a urinary tract infection.

*Under the protocol, currently patients over 65 years or under 16 years cannot be treated by the pharmacist for urinary tract infections.  Where it is not appropriate to treat you in the pharmacy the pharmacist will provide advice and arrange for referral to other health care professionals.